A significant proportion of healthcare consumers initiate their journey by searching online and comparing various providers. Upon completing their research, they predominantly convert by placing phone calls.
Healthcare marketers are actively focusing on enhancing their channels to generate a greater number of appointment calls, aiming to attract more patients. Forward-thinking teams are also prioritizing personalized caller experiences to boost conversion rates.
Keep reading to discover the strategies and initiatives healthcare marketers have in store for 2023 and beyond.
The Healthcare Patient Journey Frequently Commences On The Internet
1. Health-related inquiries account for 5% of all searches conducted on Google. People worldwide rely on Google as a trusted source to find answers to their health-related questions and locate healthcare providers. (Source: Google)
2. Search engines drive three times more visitors to hospital websites compared to non-search methods. Patients overwhelmingly prefer using search engines to discover healthcare providers online. (Source: Google)
3. Patients who schedule healthcare appointments perform three times more searches compared to those who don’t. The healthcare consumer journey typically involves extensive research, with consumers evaluating multiple providers before taking action. (Source: Google)
4. Individuals seeking information on physical therapists, nursing homes, and optometrists are most likely to utilize search engines. Across various healthcare sectors, more than 60% of consumers conduct searches before booking an appointment. (Source: LSA)
Online Reviews Play A Crucial Role In The Healthcare Purchasing Process
5. Online reviews play a significant role in the decision-making process of healthcare patients, with 94% of them utilizing reviews to evaluate providers. Reading reviews serves as an initial step for prospective patients to gauge the quality of your practice. (Source: Software Advice)
6. Reviews hold substantial trust among consumers, as 84% of them consider online reviews as trustworthy as personal recommendations. Establishing an effective review management strategy is essential for attracting new patients. (Source: Inc.)
7. Forming an opinion about your practice can occur after reading just 1-6 online reviews. It’s crucial to maintain a positive reputation, as even a single negative review has the potential to discourage numerous prospective patients. (Source: RevLocal)
8. A significant majority, 81% of consumers, express dissatisfaction with their healthcare experience. To uphold positive reviews, it is important to encourage satisfied patients to share their experiences while also addressing and mending relationships with dissatisfied patients. (Source: Prophet)
9. Approximately 43% of Millennials are inclined to switch healthcare practices within the next few years. Delivering an exceptional experience to this demographic is not only crucial for your review strategy but also for patient retention. (Source: SolutionReach)
Healthcare Marketers Are Investing More in Digital Ads to Acquire New Patients
10. In 2022, healthcare advertising spending in the United States saw a significant increase of 11.5%. The United States stands as the global leader in healthcare advertising expenditures. (Source: eMarketer)
11. Projections indicate a 10% growth in healthcare digital ad spend in the United States for 2023. This upward trend is expected to continue in the upcoming years. (Source: eMarketer)
12. In 2021, healthcare digital advertising spending surpassed healthcare TV advertising spending for the first time. At that point, healthcare digital advertising accounted for 46% of the total healthcare ad spend. (Source: Zenith Media)
13. The average cost for acquiring a healthcare lead stands at $286. As digital ad spend continues to rise, healthcare marketers are paying a higher price for each lead. (Source: HubSpot)
Many Healthcare Patients Researching Online Convert by Calling
14. Phone calls account for 88% of healthcare appointments scheduled. Prospective patients who conduct online research often prefer the personal and private nature of speaking over the phone. Whether booking appointments for themselves, their children, or other family members, individuals value the ability to communicate with a real person. (Source: Sequence)
15. Online scheduling constitutes only 2.4% of healthcare appointments. Many patients feel hesitant about entering their personal health information or the reason for their appointment into an online form. (Source: Accenture)
16. When researching nursing homes, physical therapists, and chiropractors, consumers are most inclined to contact healthcare providers via phone after conducting an online search. In numerous healthcare verticals, individuals seamlessly transition from online searches to phone calls. For additional senior care marketing statistics, please refer to this resource. (Source: LSA)
There Is Huge Revenue Potential in Optimizing Your Marketing to Drive More Calls
17. Calls are projected to influence $1 trillion in consumer spending in the United States this year. In our mobile-centric world, customers often find phone calls to be the most convenient way to make conversions. (Source: BIA/Kelsey)
18. Phone calls generate 10-15 times more revenue compared to web leads. Healthcare marketers consider calls as the most valuable conversions they can drive. By tracking calls generated from healthcare ads, you can measure your overall return on investment (ROI) and optimize your strategies accordingly. (Source: BIA/Kelsey)
19. Callers convert 30% faster than web leads. Opting for phone calls offers a more immediate return on investment for your healthcare marketing efforts. (Source: Forrester)
20. The retention rate of callers is 28% higher than that of web leads. Driving calls from healthcare marketing campaigns proves to be more profitable in the long run, as callers tend to exhibit greater loyalty compared to web leads. (Source: Forrester)
21. 45% of healthcare marketers report that phone calls yield higher conversion rates and larger order values (AOV) compared to other forms of engagement. Phone calls often stand out as the most valuable marketing conversions for healthcare providers. (Source: Forrester)
22. Within the past 12 months, 33% of healthcare providers have experienced a 25% or greater increase in phone conversion rates. The COVID-19 pandemic has not only led to an increase in patient calls but also higher intent among callers to schedule treatment. COVID-19 has resulted in both increased call volume and value for many healthcare providers. (Source: Forrester)
23. 81% of healthcare marketers consider inbound calls and phone conversations as crucial elements of their organization’s digital-first strategy. Healthcare marketers plan to leverage phone call data to gain better insights into their patients and inform their future strategies. (Source: Forrester)
24. 77% of healthcare marketers believe that insights from inbound calls and call experiences can reveal costly blind spots within their organization. Data derived from inbound calls can assist healthcare marketers in acquiring more patients and enhancing the overall patient experience to foster retention. (Source: Forrester)
25. 76% of patients have made phone calls at some point during their healthcare journey, representing a 9% increase from the previous year, and this upward trend is expected to continue. (Source: Invoca)
26. Patients commonly call healthcare providers to obtain more information about services and the purchase process. They also prefer the personal touch of a phone call and may feel uncomfortable sharing personal healthcare information through a web form. (Source: Invoca)
Healthcare Marketers Are Personalizing the Caller Experience to Boost Conversions
27. The experience provided by a company is deemed as important as its products and services by 80% of customers. Healthcare marketers need to meet increasingly high customer experience expectations in order to attract new customers, including delivering satisfactory phone call experiences. (Source: Salesforce)
28. A single poor customer service experience has led 65% of consumers to sever ties with a brand. Failure to provide seamless caller experiences can result in the loss of customers. (Source: Digiday)
29. Phone calls are considered the most frustrating customer service channel by 32% of consumers. Merely handling inbound phone calls is insufficient for healthcare marketers; having data on each caller is crucial for promptly and efficiently addressing their needs. (Source: Aspect)
30. Scaling conversation intelligence across the enterprise has prompted 41% of healthcare marketers to enhance patient experiences or expect to do so. By utilizing conversation intelligence data, healthcare marketers can improve ad targeting, segment email campaigns, provide personalized website experiences, and more, based on the content of phone conversations. (Source: Forrester)
31. The scaling of conversation intelligence across the enterprise has resulted in 41% of healthcare marketers improving or anticipating improvements in patient acquisition and retention. By tailoring patient experiences based on the content of their phone conversations, healthcare providers better meet their needs and earn their loyalty. (Source: Forrester)
32. Patients have higher expectations for personalization when it comes to phone interactions compared to other channels. Customizing the call experience is vital for converting callers into patients. (Source: Invoca)
33. When healthcare providers successfully personalize customer interactions, 49% of patients feel that the providers care about earning their business, and 47% are more likely to choose them. Personalization can directly impact patient loyalty. (Source: Invoca)
So What Can You Do?
When it comes to healthcare marketing, partnering with a reputable digital marketing agency can significantly benefit your efforts. We, at MYSense, are an exemplary choice as we specialize in providing comprehensive solutions to enhance your healthcare marketing strategies. Our range of services covers various crucial aspects of digital marketing, including:
Social Media Management
We understand the power of social media in reaching and engaging with your target audience. With our expertise, we can develop and execute tailored social media strategies that create compelling content, manage social media accounts, and foster meaningful interactions with your followers. By leveraging social media platforms effectively, we help increase brand visibility, build trust, and drive engagement, ultimately leading to more call conversions.
We recognize the influence of trusted individuals in the healthcare industry. We have the ability to identify and collaborate with relevant influencers who align with your brand values and target audience. By leveraging the reach and credibility of influencers, we help amplify your message, increase brand awareness, and drive more qualified leads that convert into phone calls.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
We understand the importance of appearing prominently in search engine results. Our team employs effective SEO strategies to optimize your website, improve its visibility, and drive organic traffic. By conducting thorough keyword research, optimizing on-page elements, and building authoritative backlinks, we help your healthcare organization rank higher in search results. This, in turn, attracts more potential patients and increases the likelihood of call conversions.
SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
We excel in utilizing paid advertising platforms like Google Ads to drive targeted traffic to your website and generate more phone calls. We develop targeted campaigns, create compelling ad copies, conduct keyword bidding, and continuously optimize the campaigns to maximize conversions. By strategically leveraging SEM, we help your healthcare organization capture the attention of individuals actively searching for relevant healthcare services, guiding them to call your practice.
We understand the importance of a well-designed and user-friendly website. We offer website development services that ensure your online presence effectively represents your brand and engages visitors. We create visually appealing, mobile-responsive websites that provide seamless user experiences, making it easy for visitors to find the information they need. With a well-optimized website, your healthcare organization can drive more traffic and encourage visitors to call for appointments or inquiries.
By partnering with MYSense, you gain access to a team of digital marketing professionals who possess extensive knowledge and experience in healthcare marketing. We can tailor their strategies to your specific goals and target audience, helping you enhance your marketing efforts and drive more call conversions. With MYSense’s expertise and support, you can effectively navigate the digital landscape, establish a strong online presence, and ultimately achieve greater success in attracting and converting patients through phone calls.