So, How Does Healthcare Marketing Work?
There are so many healthcare options available that patients feel stuck with which doctor, clinic, or program they are in. Marketing your healthcare practice provides an open line of communication to your audience by building trust and generating interest. Healthcare marketing allows you to strengthen your bonds with your patients and nurture those relationships to develop long-term loyal patients. Successful healthcare marketing leads to successful patient engagement, and successful patient engagement leads to explosive practice.
Through the healthcare marketing system, current and prospective patients receive quality care in all aspects of your operations including your website, social media pages, referral representation, patient engagement and attention personalized doctor. The best way to visualize how healthcare marketing works is to treat the patient as a customer. Customers have tons of options to choose from, so why should they choose you? Your marketing strategy should reflect the answer to this question.
If you have poor marketing or no marketing at all, your brand will suffer. Yes, your healthcare practice works similarly to any other brand in any other industry. Patients drive the healthcare industry of today, so impressing the patient (customer) is an essential element that will drive your practice above the others.
Healthcare Marketing Statistics
- 88% of those searching for health information start with search engines– Google Complete Treatment Study
- 48% before booking, patients took over 2 weeks to research before booking an appointment – Google Complete Hospital Study
- 57% of baby boomers have searched for healthcare and wellness information – Inside Look at Boomer Healthcare Consumers
Prospective patients find these the most important areas when researching a doctor or medical practice:
- 94% reputation of the facility
- 90% insurance is accepted by the facility
- 86% recommendation by another physician
- 85% uses the latest technology
- 51% recommendation by friends or family
When patients see a paid search ad, they take action:
- 26% conduct searches for more information
- 38% begin the research process
- 39% visit the website of the treatment center that was advertised
- 36% consider a treatment center that was advertised